In-Store Pick-Up Contest
The In-store Pickup Contest (the "Contest") is open to residents of Canada (excluding Québec). Void in whole or in part where prohibited by law. By entering the Contest, you agree to these official Contest rules (the "Official Rules").
1. SPONSOR: The Contest is sponsored and administered by Sport Chek (the "Sponsor") with its head office located at 110 – 205 Quarry Park Blvd SE, Calgary, Alberta, T2C 3E7. Any questions or comments must be directed to the Sponsor.
2. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY: No purchase is necessary to enter or win this Contest. A purchase does not increase your chances of winning.
a. The Contest is open to all legal residents of Canada (excluding Québec) who have reached the age of majority in their province or territory of residence at the time of entry.
b. Employees, officers, representatives, agents, members and directors of the Sponsor, and each of their respective parent and affiliate companies (collectively, the "Promotion Entities") as well as the immediate families - namely, spouses, parents, siblings and children, and/or persons living in the same household (whether or not related) - of each such employee, officer, representative, agent, member and director are not eligible to participate or win.
c. Participation constitutes your full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor's decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
4. CONTEST PERIOD: The Contest begins on September 21, 2023 at 12:01 AM EST and ends on October 4, 2023 at 11:59 PM EST. All entries must be received by the end of the Contest period to be eligible.
5. HOW TO ENTER:
a. To enter the Contest, use one of the entry methods described below:
i. Online Order: Submit an in-store pickup order for one of our eligible locations through www.sportchek.ca or www.atmosphere.ca within the Contest period. If any orders are canceled during or after the Contest period by the participant or not collected from the store, the entry will be revoked.
ii. Alternate Method of Entry: To obtain an entry without placing an in-store pick up order, print your first name, last name, email address, telephone number and complete mailing address (including postal code) on a plain white piece of paper and mail it (in an envelope with sufficient Canadian postage) along with a unique and original answer to the following question: “What do you love most about sport?” Mail your entry to the following address: “In-store Pickup Contest, Sport Chek, #110 - 205 Quarry Park Blvd. SE, Calgary, AB T2C 3E7”. To be eligible, your entry must be received by October 4. To be eligible you may only submit one entry using the Alternate Method of Entry. If you submit more than one answer, only your first answer will be considered.
b. Limit one entry per person. Entries must be submitted in accordance with the instructions provided.
c. For entrants using a mobile device to participate in any aspect of this Contest, message and data rates may apply. Check with your wireless service provider for details or any applicable charges. You are solely responsible for any such wireless charges.
d. Entrants are not permitted to share the same email address; therefore, each entrant must have his/her own unique email address. If it is discovered by Sponsor that an attempt was made by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different accounts, email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods, that entrant will be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute as to any registration/entry, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register or associated with the account used to enter will be deemed to be the Entrant. The "authorized account holder" is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. The potential winner may be required to show proof of being an authorized account holder. All entries become property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
e. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, stolen, incomplete, inaccurate, invalid, un-intelligible, garbled, delayed or misdirected entries, all of which will be void.
a. There is a total of 5 prize(s) available to be won. Each prize consisting of a $500 Sport Chek electronic gift card.
b. Winners are not entitled to monetary difference between actual prize value and stated approximate retail value of the prize, if any. The prize is non-transferable, and no substitution or cash redemption will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor's sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right, for whatever reason, to substitute the Prize (or any component thereof) for one of equal or greater value. The winner is responsible for all federal, provincial, country and local taxes (including income and withholding) and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use.
c. Electronic gift cards are subject to additional terms and conditions as stated on the email.
7. ODDS OF WINNING: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Contest period.
8. SELECTION OF WINNERS:
a. On October 19, 2023, the Sponsor will select 5 potential winners by random draw from all eligible entries received during the Contest period. The potential winner will be notified by email within 7 days of draw.
b. Before being declared an official winner, the potential winner shall be required to (i) correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question to be administered during a pre-arranged telephone call or by e-mail; and (ii) sign and return a declaration of eligibility, release, and liability waiver.
c. If the potential winner does not (i) respond within 3 days of notification; (ii) correctly answer the skill-testing question; (iii) is otherwise in non-compliance with the Official Rules; or (iv) declines to accept the prize to be awarded, the potential winner forfeits the prize and will be disqualified. In the event of a disqualification for any reason, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may select another potential winner until such time as a potential winner satisfies these Official Rules. The Sponsor is not responsible for the failure for any reason whatsoever of a potential winner to receive notification or for the Sponsor to receive a potential winner's response.
d. If, as a result of an error relating to the entry process, drawing or any other aspect of the Contest, there are more potential winners than contemplated in these Official Rules, there will be a random draw amongst all eligible potential winners after the Contest's closing date to award the correct number of prizes.
e. ALL POTENTIAL WINNERS ARE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY THE SPONSOR, WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL. A SELECTED ENTRANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE, EVEN IF THE CONTEST SHOULD SO INDICATE, UNLESS AND UNTIL THE POTENTIAL WINNER'S ELIGIBILITY AND THE POTENTIAL WINNING ENTRY HAS BEEN VERIFIED AND THE POTENTIAL WINNER HAS BEEN NOTIFIED THAT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE. THE SPONSOR WILL NOT ACCEPT OTHER EVIDENCE OF WINNING IN LIEU OF ITS VALIDATION PROCESS.
9. RELEASE: By participating in the Contest, to the extent permitted by law, each entrant agrees to forever and irrevocably release and hold harmless each of the Promotion Entities and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, volunteers, representatives, agents, affiliates (past, present and future), related entities, successors and assigns (collectively, the "Released Parties"), from any and all liability for any loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense of any nature whatsoever (including reasonable legal fees) which may occur in connection with: (a) the Contest or any element thereof, including entry or participation therein; (b) delivery, possession, acceptance and/or use or misuse of any prize or component thereof; or (c) participation in any Contest-related activity or prize-related activity.
10. INDEMNIFICATION: In addition, by participating in this Contest, to the extent permitted by law, each entrant agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all damages, losses, costs and expenses (including amounts paid in settlement and reasonable legal fees) incurred by any of the Released Parties in connection with any third-party claim, demand, liability, suit, proceeding or action arising out of or resulting from (i) breach or alleged breach of any representations, warranties or agreements of entrant hereunder, or (ii) entrant's possession, use or misuse of any prize or component thereof. Each entrant hereby acknowledges, to the extent permitted by law, that the Released Parties have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the prize (or any components thereof) and that, except to the extent prohibited by applicable law, the prize is provided "as is" without warranty of any kind, either express or implied. Released Parties hereby disclaim all such warranties, including but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and/or non-infringement.
11. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor's reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion and in the event of cancellation, suspension, and/or modification of the Contest, to award the prize in a random drawing from all eligible entries received as of the date of such cancellation, suspension or modification. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any person responsible for the attempt to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term or provision of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that term or provision.
12. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: The Released Parties are not responsible or liable for: (a) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (b) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (c) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (d) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; (e) entries, prize claims or notifications that are lost, late, incomplete, illegible, unintelligible, damaged, undeliverable or otherwise not received by the intended recipient, in whole or in part, due to computer, human or technical error of any kind, including but not limited to, inactive email accounts, technical difficulties associated therewith or an entrant's failure to adequately monitor his/her email or telephone messages; or (f) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant's participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. FURTHER, IN ANY DISPUTE, UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL AN ENTRANT BE PERMITTED OR ENTITLED TO OBTAIN (AND HEREBY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO SEEK OR CLAIM) INJUNCTIVE, EQUITABLE, OR OTHER NON-MONETARY RELIEF OR AWARDS FOR PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES, INCLUDING LAWYERS' FEES, OTHER THAN ENTRANT'S ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET EXPENSES (IF ANY), NOT TO EXCEED TEN DOLLARS ($10), AND ENTRANT FURTHER WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR INCREASED.
14. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. All Sponsor intellectual property, including but not limited to trademarks, trade names, logos, designs, copyrights and any other intellectual property and trade secrets contained in any materials including without limitation print, digital and any other media are owned by the Sponsor and/or their affiliates, unless otherwise stated. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or other use of such material without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.
15. TERMINATION. The Sponsor reserves the right to terminate the Contest, in whole or in part, and/or to modify, amend or suspend the Contest, and/or the Official Rules in any way, at any time, for any reason without prior notice.
16. LAW. These are the Official Rules. The Contest is subject to applicable federal, provincial, and local laws and regulations. The Official Rules are subject to change without notice to comply with any applicable federal, provincial, municipal and local laws or the policy of any other entity having jurisdiction over the Sponsor. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the Official Rules or the rights and obligations as between the entrant and the Sponsor in connection with the Contest shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the province of Alberta including procedural provisions without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other jurisdiction's laws.
17. SEVERABILITY. If any term or condition of the Official Rules is invalid, illegal or unenforceable in any jurisdiction, such invalidity, illegality or unenforceability shall not affect any other term or provision of the Official Rules.
18. LANGUAGE DISCREPANCY. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of the Official Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials, including but not limited to the Contest entry form, or point of sale, television, print or online advertising, the terms and conditions of the Official Rules shall prevail.