The Old Town Penobscot canoe is named after the Native Americans that inhabited Old Town, Maine. Since before recorded history – and from whom we’ve gained immeasurable boat-building knowledge – the Penobscot pays homage to their superb craftsmanship, design and navigational skills. The Old Town Penobscot’s nearly plumb ends, shallow arch bottom and slight rocker have made it a sleek, nimble tripping canoe for solo or tandem paddlers. Made from three layer polyethylene, the Penobscot 164 is built to be durable and tough. Nimble and quick the Penobscot 164 can run rivers with the best of them.
- Nylon web seats
- Aluminum gunwales
- Comfortable carrying handles
- Ash thwart and yoke for easier portaging
- Minimal rocker and shallow arch bottom
- Length 16'4"
- Width 37.5"
- Weight 75 lbs
- Bow Height: 20.25"
- Depth: 14"
- Max Load Range: 1,200 - 1,250 lbs
- Material: Three Layer Polyethylene