Lightweight, packable, and low profile, the waterproof Beta SL jacket is created with both breathability and complete weather protection in mind. Crafted from our unique GOR-Tex nylon fabric with Paclite technology, this layering piece achieves maximum function at the lowest possible weight, with abrasion resistance and tear strength built in. Weight and strength are essential considerations in the construction of the Beta SL, leading to the elimination of bulk without the need to sacrifice durability, breathability, or efficiency. Gusseted underarms provide a wider range of movement without bulk or weight, while a sleek, low profile hood offers coverage in a sleek, low profile design that remains streamlined and doesn't impair vision. It's a minimalistic hard-shell that provides the best of all worlds--lightweight, imminently packable, and effective where it matters most.
- SL: SUPER LIGHT Uses the lightest weight materials available to provide high weather protection, performance and/or packability, but with limited durability.
- An exclusive Durable Water Repellent Finish combines with a windproof design to keep the elements at bay.
- A WaterTight zipper seals out wind, rain, snow and precipitation, while zipper garages provide additional protection against the weather.
- Utilizing the lightest weight materials available, including exclusive Paclite technology, this hardshell layer compresses to fit easily in a stuff sack or pack, but remains durable, efficient, and tear-resistant.
- Interior and hand pockets provide a safe place to store valuables and warm up frosty fingers, while a helmet-compatible hood allows you to keep moving, no matter what the trail--or the weather--brings.
- Ergonomic, anatomical shaping for both fit and comfort
- No-lift gusseted underarms
- GORE-TEX two-layer construction