The Point 65 SeaCruiser is a great touring kayak that offers reliable cruising capabilities for expedition paddlers while entry level paddlers will feel immediately comfortable with its stability. A mid-range kayak that is beautifully appointed with great finish and quality, it carries enough gear for extensive expeditions to weekend trips. A Point 65 exclusive feature, fitted as standard, is an extra day hatch, so you now have easy access to a separate sealed compartment through each of two day hatches. Use them how you like, but you can stow dry gear in one and wet stuff in the other.
The SeaCruiser 17 kayak is equipped with the innovative Symmetry Skeg system. The cockpit is large for easy entry end exit and is equipped with the revolutionary AIR seat which allows for maximum comfort and fit by inflating built in air bags with easy-to-use hand pumps. This kayak tracks straight as an arrow due to its longer length and design, has great glide and speed, keeping you dry even in rough seas. The slightly v-shaped hull makes it easy to maneuver and fun to play, while the tough 3-layer polyethylene construction makes it very light yet extremely strong, stiff and impact-resistant. Designed to engage as well as indulge, it offers thrilling performance on calm as well as rough water.
- Equipped with both a skeg & rudder for maximum versatility
- Innovative dual day hatches for quick access without leaving the cockpit
- Improved tracking and glide for efficiency on longer trips
- High secondary stability for confidence in rougher waters
- Large 380L of volume for to accomodate lots of gear for your next trip
- Length: 17' 3" (525 cm)
- Width: 22.8" (58 cm)
- Weight: 57 lbs (26 kg)
- Capacity: 364 lbs (165 kg)
- Cockpit Size: 33" x 18" (83 x 46 cm)
- Front Hatch: 17.6" x 10.4" (44 x 26 cm)
- Rear Hatch: 17.6" x 10.4" (44 x 26 cm)
- Day Hatch (2): 6" x 6" (15 x 15 cm)