The Backpacker’s Pantry Charros Beand and Rice is made with traditional Mexican cowboy seasonings blended together with brown rice, pinto beans, and quinoa for a high protein, vegan meal.
Directions: Remove and discard enclosed oxygen absorber before beginning food preparation. Add 2 1/2 cups (600mL) of boiling water. Stir well. Seal and let sit for 15-20 minutes. Stir and serve. Rehydration time doubles every 5,000 feet of elevation gain. Directions are set for 5,000 feet.
- Makes two 15 oz servings
- 16 grams of Protein per serving
- Ingredients: precooked parboiled long grain brown rice, pinto beans, organic quinoa, tomato, sea salt, garlic, onion, natural beer flavor (maltodextrin, beer (malted barley, corn syrup, hops, yeast)), guajillo chili pepper, bacon flavor (maltodextrin, bacon type flavor (sunflower oil, smoke flavor, with other natural flavors), rice starch, salt, tocopherol (vitamin e)), molasses (refiners' syrup, cane molasses, cane caramel color), cilantro, cinnamon, lime juice powder (citric acid, lime oil, lime juice, ascorbic acid (vitamin c), organic evaporated cane juice)
- Allergens: contains gluten
- Serving Size: 119 g (½ package)
- Calories per Serving: 400 Cal
- Total Fat: 3 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
- Sodium: 1090 mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 82 g
- Dietary Fiber: 13 g
- Sugars: 8 g
- Protein: 16 g