The Fundamentals kit is the popular choice for backcountry guides, medium-size groups on short outings, or small groups on extended trips. The extensive components selection includes supplies to treat a wide range of injuries, irrigate wounds, stabilize sprains and fractures, and manage illnesses. Featuring Easy Care™ organization, contents are organized by injury along with specific instructions enabling anyone to administer first aid quickly and confidently.
- CPR Face Shield for protected mouth-to-mouth resuscitation.
- Irrigation syringe and wound closure strips to clean and close wounds.
- Water-resistant outer zipper and urethane inner windows with -20F/-28C cold-crack rating.
- A wide array of medications to treat pain, inflammation, and common allergies.
- Hospital-quality tools, including EMT Shears and precision forceps set the standard for backcountry medical care.
- Flexible Support Splint plus a wide variety of wraps and bandages to immobilize fractures and provide support.
- Trauma pads and wide elastic wraps to control life-threatening bleeding.
- The most up-to-date information on wilderness and travel medicine. Includes: "Weiss Advice" improvised techniques; "When to Worry" tips; 97 illustrations; recommended prescription medications; medical supplies for extended expeditions; and information on how to use the components of your Adventure Medical Kit.
- Weight: 2 lbs 11 oz.