Easily access the backcountry with the Mountaineer. The ultra-precise ActiveFit™ binding and snow-shredding Anaconda™ crampon give the Mountaineer the go anywhere, do-anything versatility you need to reach for the peaks or explore uncharted terra"
- The Pro-Step™ frame combines a continuous frame bend with a longer, lower rise for improved flotation. The lower height nose packs easily, while the tail bend reduces impact on your joints.
- SoftTec™ decking provides durable, lightweight flotation and has a smooth, soft texture.
- R2™ delivers shock-absorbing lateral flex and quick side slope responsiveness, while maintaining a natural foot position. Full step rotation also sheds snow and allows the toe crampon to bite deeply
- The gender-specific, asymmetric ActiveFit™ provides the perfect combination of control, support, comfort and ease of use. Control Wings™ center the heel, while the padded midfoot delivers a custom fit without pressure points.
- The razor-sharp, carbon steel Anaconda™ toe crampon has eight sharp teeth, providing constant contact and penetration in all types of terra"
- The aggressive Python™ heel crampon, centered under the boot, delivers enhanced downhill braking traction.
- Designed to make steep ascents easier, the ActiveLift™ heel lift reduces calf fatigue and Achilles tendon stra" It can be easily pulled up and down. The 19° Backcountry heel lift is ideal for extreme ascents, while the 16° Day Hiking version is designed for moderate terra"
- Dimensions: 8" W x 25" L
- Weight (per pair): 4.7 lbs (2.13 kg)
- Surface Area: 200 sq in
- Optimal Load: 120-200 lbs (54-91 kg)
- Leaves the warehouse in 1-7 business days depending on order volume.
- Items may be returned within 60 days of the order date to an Atmosphere retail store or an Atmosphere warehouse. Items must be returned unused/unworn and electronics unopened. See Online Return Policy and Return Instructions for more information.
- Note: Shipping restrictions may apply based on location and product size.