A compromise between a classic mountaineering axe and an ice climbing axe, the sum’tec is a versatile, lightweight, technical ice axe. It is easy to use in piolet-canne mode with its stainless steel spike and its slightly curved shaft. In piolet-traction, the ALPIX pick (forged into banana shape) and the new TRIGREST hand rest (adjustable without tools) ensure the efficiency required for technical passages, as well as bergschrunds, ice gullies.
NOTE: Find in Store Inventory levels are continuously changing. Please contact store to confirm availability is as shown.
- Lightweight technical ice axe, effective in piolet-traction or piolet-canne mode
- New version of the TRIGREST allows multiple hand grip possibilities, thanks to the simple, tool-free manual adjustment system
- The thin ALPIX pick (3.5 mm) is designed for effective penetration into ice. It is quickly and securely replaced with a unique screw lock system
- Stainless steel spike ensures excellent grip on rock
- Lightly curved handle protects the hand when climbing
- SUM’TEC hammer version for easy piton placement. Hammer is now lighter and features keys for tightening bolts of 8 to 10 mm
- Wide oval holes in the head and in the spike to facilitate clipping a carabiner
- Weight: 485 g
- Length: 52 cm
- Pick Type: Basic
- Shaft Type: Technical
- Certifications: CE, UIAA
- Leaves the warehouse in 1-7 business days depending on order volume.
- Items may be returned within 60 days of the order date to an Atmosphere retail store or an Atmosphere warehouse. Items must be returned unused/unworn and electronics unopened. See Online Return Policy and Return Instructions for more information.
- Note: Shipping restrictions may apply based on location and product size.