Designed for classic mountaineering, the summit axe offers an excellent balance between price and performance. It is lightweight and offers good anchoring performance of both the head and the spike; it is curved to offer necessary clearance for steep ice; it can be used in piolet-canne or piolet-rampe mode as well as in piolet-traction mode on short, steep sections.
- Lightweight ice axe, but with enough weight in the head for good anchoring power
- The upper part of the shaft is curved to offer good clearance when climbing
- The lower part of the shaft is straighter and guarantees efficient penetration in snow
- Pick is thin (3 mm) and toothed at the tip, ensuring good anchoring qualities in hard snow and ice
- Pick is thicker in the middle to favor anchoring in soft snow
- Teeth on upper part of pick strengthen the hold on the ice axe in piolet-rampe mode
- Durable spike in stainless steel for very good penetration in hard snow and in piolet-canne mode
- Steel adze offers a comfortable support surface, and the design of the edges allows stairs to be carved efficiently
- Tilted adze directs the axe correctly into the snow (piolet-canne usage)
- Head and spike equipped with holes for clipping a carabiner or attaching a sling
- High-quality aluminum shaft, with anodized finish for excellent protection
- Ice axe compatible with LINKIN leash
- Weight: 360 g
- Length: 59 cm
- Pick Type: Basic
- Shaft Type: Basic
- Certifications: CE, UIAA
- Materials: heat-treated steel, aluminum 7075, stainless heat-treated steel
- Leaves the warehouse in 1-7 business days depending on order volume.
- Items may be returned within 60 days of the order date to an Atmosphere retail store or an Atmosphere warehouse. Items must be returned unused/unworn and electronics unopened. See Online Return Policy and Return Instructions for more information.
- Note: Shipping restrictions may apply based on location and product size.