The Petzl Summit Mountaineering Axe is a lightweight axe designed for durable performance and efficient penetration. Created from hot-forged steel, the toothed pick spike has a narrow tip designed to provide good penetration in hard snow and is wider in the middle for better anchoring in soft snow, all while providing good clearance into ice. The toothed design on the spike makes cutting steps in hard snow or ice more efficient.
NOTE: Find in Store Inventory levels are continuously changing. Please contact store to confirm availability is as shown.
- Stainless steel spike with thin pick for good penetration in hard snow
- Toothed design on upper part of pick for strengthened hold on the ice
- Tilted adze to allow axe to be directed correctly into the snow
- Pick and adze created from hot-forged steel for added durability
- Handle cut into the shaft for a comfortable grip
- Holes fitted into head and spike for clipping Carabiner or attaching a sling easily
- Weight: 380 g
- Length: 59 cm
- Certifications: CE, UIAA
- Materials: heat-treated steel, aluminium 7075, stainless heat-treated steel
- Leaves the warehouse in 1-7 business days depending on order volume.
- Items may be returned within 60 days of the order date to an Atmosphere retail store or an Atmosphere warehouse. Items must be returned unused/unworn and electronics unopened. See Online Return Policy and Return Instructions for more information.
- Note: Shipping restrictions may apply based on location and product size.