The Petzl QUARK is a versatile ice axe, designed primarily for technical mountaineering and for vertical ice climbing. Because of the head’s modular construction, it adapts to any situation. The QUARK ice axe is easy to use and easy to swing: its balance and its ICE pick allow solid placements on any type of ice. Hooking is more efficient, thanks to the clearance under the head and to the shape of the pick. The GRIPREST and the TRIGREST hand rests ensure a comfortable, powerful grip adapted to leash less climbing or mixed climbing.
- Structure is entirely modular for adapting the ice axe to the activity and context:
- Equipped with the MARTEAU, the TRIGREST hand rest and the GRIPREST, the QUARK is a versatile tool adapted to technical mountaineering and ice climbing (an adze may also be added, if necessary)
- Equipped with MASSELOTTES pick weights (optional), and without the MARTEAU, the QUARK has an exceptional swing adapted to the coldest ice. It is ideal for ice climbing.
- Without any accessories, the QUARK weighs only 460 g, making it an ultra-high performance ice axe for snow couloirs, for example
- Interchangeable ICE pick is tapered at the tip (3 mm) for easy penetration, even in cold ice. Its shape allows stable hooking on both ice and rock.
- Ergonomic over-molded handle provides a good grip, even for small hands, and insulation from the cold. The lower part of the shaft penetrates snow perfectly when the ice axe is used in piolet-canne (without the GRIPREST).
- Carabiner hole under the GRIPREST
- The TRIGREST hand rest braces the hand and the index finger (easily adjustable without tools). The upper part, equipped with the grip, allows the user to comfortably switch hands. The lower trigger is used to brace the index finger to improve the stability of the ice axe and increase striking precision. It also serves as the locking lever of the TRIGREST.
- Weight: 550 g
- Pick: Ice 3 mm T-Rated
- Shaft: T-Rated
- Certification(s): CE, UIAA
- Ice Axe Includes: ICE pick, MARTEAU Hammer, TRIGREST and GRIPREST
- Leaves the warehouse in 1-7 business days depending on order volume.
- Items may be returned within 60 days of the order date to an Atmosphere retail store or an Atmosphere warehouse. Items must be returned unused/unworn and electronics unopened. See Online Return Policy and Return Instructions for more information.
- Note: Shipping restrictions may apply based on location and product size.