The GRIGRI 2 belay device with assisted braking is designed to facilitate belay maneuvers. The GRIGRI 2 works equally well for lead climbing and top roping. It may be used on all 8.9 to 11 mm dynamic single ropes (optimized for 9.4 mm to 10.3 mm ropes). Compact and lightweight, the GRIGRI 2 will accompany you for many years, on climbs all over the world. The GRIGRI 2’s design allows for excellent descent control.
NOTE: Find in Store Inventory levels are continuously changing. Please contact store to confirm availability is as shown.
- Hand motions are the same as with classic belay systems: both hands on the rope. A fall is stopped by gripping the brake side of the rope with your hand.
- Assisted braking: during fall arrest, the belayer holds the brake side of the rope, the cam pivots and pinches the rope, increasing the braking action until the rope stops sliding
- The GRIGRI 2's design allows for excellent descent control. One hand holds the rope and the other uses the handle to unlock the cam. The patented handle design allows a very gradual release of the rope. Combined with the strong braking action of the cam, it gives a great feeling of security when lowering a partner or rappelling.
- The GRIGRI 2 is compact and very light at 170 g
- Built with a stainless steel friction plate and cam to ensure a long life for the product
- For 8.9 to 11 mm single ropes (optimized for 9.4 mm to 10.3 mm ropes)
- Diagrams for rope installation engraved on belay device (interior and exterior)
- Weight: 170 g
- Leaves the warehouse in 1-7 business days depending on order volume.
- Items may be returned within 60 days of the order date to an Atmosphere retail store or an Atmosphere warehouse. Items must be returned unused/unworn and electronics unopened. See Online Return Policy and Return Instructions for more information.
- Note: Shipping restrictions may apply based on location and product size.