Backpacker’s Pantry Wild West Chili and Beans is a classic campfire red bean chili with a dash of spice to complete the meal. It’s both hign in protein and fiber and is vegetarian too.
Directions: Remove and discard enclosed oxygen absorber before beginning food preparation. Add 2-1/4 cups (540 mL) of boiling water. Stir well. Seal and let sit for 15-20 minutes. Stir and serve. Rehydration time doubles every 5,000 feet of elevation gain. Directions are set for 5,000 feet.
- Makes two 12 oz servings
- High in protein and fiber
- Ingredients: black beans, red beans, tomato, cheddar cheese (pasteurized milk, cheese cultures, salt, enzymes, annatto (vegetable color)), organic textured soy protein, onion, new Mexico chili pepper, bell pepper, garlic, sugar, salt, cumin seed, Worcestershire sauce (corn syrup solids, salt, caramel color, garlic, sugar, spices, soy sauce solids (naturally fermented wheat and soybean, salt, maltodextrin, caramel color), palm oil, tamarind, natural flavor, and sulfiting agent), cayenne pepper, oregano, hickory smoke powder (maltodextrin, natural hickory smoke flavor)
- Allergens: contains milk, soybean, gluten, wheat
- Serving Size: 96 g (½ package)
- Calories per Serving: 360 Cal
- Total Fat: 8 g
- Saturated Fat: 3.5 g
- Cholesterol: 15 mg
- Sodium: 820 mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 55 g
- Dietary Fiber: 28 g
- Sugars: 16 g
- Protein: 23 g