The Variant 52 is a top loading, unisex pack designed specifically for alpine climbing and expedition mountaineering.
- A removable dual compartment keeps needed items organized and accessible and can be removed to shave off weight
- Integrated FlapJacket™ closure system can deploy to provide main compartment protection when top lid is not in use
- Quick release upper and threaded lower compression/retention straps provide load stability and external storage options
- Dual side pockets provide secure storage and easy accessibility to wands, pickets and other longer items. Utilize the side compression to secure load.
- Reinforced A-frame ski loops at the base of the back work in conjunction with side compression/retention straps provide stable, easy to use A-frame ski carry
- Dual front and single rear reinforced haul loops provide simple, secure three point hauling capabilities
- Dual reinforced ice-tool holsters work in conjunction with bungee tool tie-offs to provide secure and easily accessible ice tool carry
- A compressible, reinforced front panel pocket provides easy external storage and access to crampons and other needed items
- An under-lid adjustable rope compression strap provides stable and easily accessible rope carry
- Glove Friendly Access - Glove friendly zipper pulls and buckles allow for quick and easy use in adverse conditions
- Volume: 52L
- Weight: 3.46lbs. / 1.56kg.
- Dimensions: 32 x 14 x 13" / 81 x 35 x 33cm.
- Load Range: 35-50lbs. / 15-22kg.
- Fabrics: Main (210D Nylon Shadow Box) Accent (210D High Tenacity Nylon) Bottom (210D Nylon Shadow Box)