inReach Mini is your go-to connection for maintaining off-the-grid contact. It’s our palm-sized satellite communicator for adventures where size and weight matter. inReach Mini lets you send and receive text messages, track and share your journey and, if necessary, trigger an SOS alert to contact the GEOS 24/7 emergency response team. With inReach connectivity, your family and friends will know they can stay in touch globally.
- Travel Lighter, Communicate Smarter: Measuring just under 4” tall by 2” wide and weighing a mere 3.5 oz, inReach Mini is fit for exterior pack pockets or accessory loops. It connects for messaging via the 100% global Iridium satellite network. You don’t have to worry about being within
rangeof a cell tower or encountering spotty coverage.
- Who will answer your SOS? GEOS will: GEOS is the world leader in emergency response solutions and monitoring. They’ve supported rescues in more than 140 countries, saving many lives in the process. And they’re standing by 24/7 to respond to your SOS, track your device and notify the proper contacts and emergency responders in your area. Once you’ve triggered a distress signal, you can expect a delivery confirmation that help is on the way and be continually updated on the status of your response team.
- Multiple Ways to Connect: Wireless unit-to-unit connectivity lets you remotely control inReach Mini to send and receive messages using compatible Garmin handhelds, wearables or other mobile devices. GPS-based location tracking lets you share your whereabouts with those at home or out in the field. You can also post your adventures on social media. For basic navigation, there’s a compass that shows bearing and distance along a route or to a waypoint.
- Pair with Your Mobile Device: For even more capability and convenience, the free Earthmate app syncs your inReach handheld via Bluetooth® wireless technology with your compatible Apple® or Android™ device so you can access unlimited maps, aerial imagery and U.S. NOAA charts. Plus, Earthmate allows you to conveniently use all of the inReach features on your paired mobile device. For easier messaging, you can also access your phone’s contact list from the Earthmate app to connect with fewer keystrokes.
- Pair with Garmin Pilot™: In the aviation world, inReach Mini becomes a valuable air communications link. When paired via Bluetooth to a compatible tablet or smartphone running the Garmin Pilot app, your inReach Mini makes it easy to send and receive text messages while in the cockpit — even from areas without cellular reception. The app pulls in your smart device’s contact lists, so access is simple and seamless. And since your inReach Mini is also a handheld GPS, Garmin Pilot can leverage its rock-solid position source to drive a georeferenced aircraft position symbol on your tablet’s moving map display. Also, for your followers on the ground, inReach Mini can provide tracking of your flight, using the web-based MapShare™ page created for your inReach account. You can also link via Facebook® or Twitter®.
- Additional Aviation Services: Your inReach Mini is also a supported device for the Lockheed Martin Flight Services (LMFS) Adverse Condition Alerting Service (ACAS), Surveillance-Enhanced Search and Rescue (SE-SAR) and Enhanced Special Reporting Services (
eSRS). If you register for ACAS information, alerts provided via LMFS prompt you to call for an abbreviated briefing to address any specific adverse condition situation that might affect your flight-planned routing. Likewise, automatic monitoring provided by the SE-SAR service enables the system to identify potential flight emergency situations and/or signals to promptly initiate search and rescue procedures for your aircraft.
- Get Weather on the Go: The optional inReach weather forecast service provides detailed updates directly to your inReach Mini or compatible device paired with the Earthmate app, so you’ll know what conditions to expect en route. Basic and premium weather packages are offered. And you can request weather forecasts for your current location or any other waypoint or destination on your itinerary.
- Rugged, Robust inReach: Tough, durable, impact resistant (
MIL-STD-810F) and water-rated to IPX7, inReach Mini is built to keep you up and running. It includes an internal, rechargeable lithium battery for up to 50 hours’ use at the default 10-minute tracking mode and up to 20 days in power saving mode. Recharge via the microUSBpower cable or optional in-vehicle 12-V charger.
- Flexible Satellite Airtime Plans
:Toaccess the Iridium network and communicate with your inReach Mini, an active satellite subscription is required. Depending on your usage level, you can opt for an annual contract package or flexible month-to-month airtime plan.
- Includes Unlimited Cloud Storage and Trip Planning: Every inReach device comes with free access to the cloud-powered Garmin Explore website to plan your trips with routes and waypoints, create preset messages and quick texts, sync and manage your device settings, update your firmware, link your social media accounts, store all your location tracking data and much more.
- Floats: No
- Display size: 0.9" x 0.9" (23 x 23 mm)
- Display resolution: 128 x 128 pixels
- Physical dimensions: 2.04” x 3.90” x 1.03” (5.17 x 9.90 x 2.61 cm)
- Battery: Rechargeable internal lithium ion
- Interface: USB
- Water rating: IPX7
- Weight: 3.5 oz (100.0 g)
- Display type: sunlight-readable, monochrome, transflective memory-in-pixel (MIP)
- Battery life: Up to 90 hours at 10-minute tracking (default); up to 35 hours at 10-minute tracking with 1-second logging; up to 24 days at 30-minute tracking power save mode; and up to 1 year when powered off
- High-sensitivity receiver: Yes
- Storage and Power Capacity: No
- Routes: 20
- Waypoints/favorites/locations: 500
- Memory/History: None
- Preloaded maps: no
- Ability to add maps: No
- Barometric altimeter: No
- Touchscreen: No
- Wireless compatible: yes (Bluetooth®)
- Trigger an interactive SOS with 24/7 search and rescue monitoring center: yes
- Send and receive text messages to SMS and email: yes
- Send and receive messages with other inReach users, exchange locations: yes
- Track and share location with friends and family on web-based MapShare® portal: yes
- Request weather forecasts for current location and planned destination: yes
- Virtual keyboard for custom text messaging: yes
- Send waypoints to MapShare portal during trip: yes
- Send route selection to MapShare portal for friends and family to see progress: yes
- Garmin Connect™ compatible (online community where you analyze, categorize and share data): No
- Unit-to-unit transfer (shares data wirelessly with similar units): No
- Camera: no
- Compass: No
- Custom POIs (ability to add additional points of interest): No