Capturing 4K Ultra HD video and liquid-smooth slow motion at up to 240 frames per second, Hero 4 Black delivers higher performance than any other GoPro.
- Hero 4 Black takes Emmy® Award-winning GoPro performance to the next level with our best image quality yet, plus a 2x more powerful processor1 that delivers super slow motion at 240 frames per second. Incredible high-resolution 4K30 and 2.7K60 video combines with 1080p120 and 720p240 slow motion to enable stunning, immersive footage of you and your world. Protune™ settings for both photos and video unlock manual control of Color, ISO Limit, Exposure and more. Waterproof to 131’ (40m) with 12MP photos at 30 frames per second and improved audio,1 Hero 4 Black is the ultimate life-capture solution for those who demand the best.
- With a 2x more powerful processor, 2x faster video frame rates and even better image quality than its best-selling predecessor, Hero 4 Black delivers footage that’s sharper, richer and more detailed.1 Combined with powerful new features and technologies—and improvements to audio, usability, wireless connectivity and more—Hero 4 Black is the most advanced, highest-performing GoPro ever.
- 4K30, 2.7K60, 1080p120, 720p240—Hero 4 Black is the first camera of its kind to feature ultra high-resolution, high frame rate video as powerful as this. Once the exclusive domain of large, costly cameras, Hero 4 Black delivers truly professional video quality in a tiny package. Stunning clarity. Liquid-smooth slow-motion playback. Cinema-quality capture. Hero 4 Black brings it all.
- With 12MP Burst photos at a blistering 30 frames per second, Hero 4 Black helps you capture the moments you don’t want to miss. Capture single photos, or choose Time Lapse mode to shoot photos automatically at set time intervals from 0.5 to 60 seconds—great for gear-mounted shots when the shutter button is out of reach.
- Capture the night sky in a whole new way. New Night Photo and Night Lapse modes offer customizable exposure settings of up to 30 seconds for single and Time Lapse photos. Whether you’re shooting the Milky Way or a campfire hangout, Night Photo and Night Lapse allow you to you capture ultra low-light scenes like never before.
- Hero 4 Black features built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth, allowing you to connect to the GoPro App, Smart Remote2 and more. The GoPro App transforms your phone or tablet into a live video remote for your camera, offering full control of all functions and settings, easy shot preview and playback, plus sharing via text, email, Facebook and more. The Smart Remote allows you to control multiple GoPro cameras from distances of up to 600’ (180m).
- HiLight Tag enables you to mark key moments while recording so you can quickly locate your best clips later for convenient playback, editing or sharing using the GoPro App or GoPro Studio. Just press the dedicated button on the camera or Smart Remote2 to add a HiLight Tag. You can also use the GoPro App to tag your highlights.
- Love the Time Lapse videos you’ve seen on the GoPro Channel? Now you can easily create one yourself—without spending hours in the editing room. In Time Lapse Video mode, the camera captures a Time Lapse video automatically. It’s a great way to showcase a sunrise, road trip or family gathering as a short, shareable video.
- Let the camera do the thinking for you. Auto Low Light mode intelligently changes frame rates based on lighting conditions for optimal low-light performance, enabling you to move between bright and dark environments without having to adjust your camera settings.
- Be ready to capture the moment at a moment’s notice with new QuikCapture mode. It turns your GoPro into a one-button camera, allowing you to power on and start recording automatically with the press of a single button. Press once to record video, press and hold for 2 seconds to capture Time Lapse photos. Never worry again about missing an epic shot.
- Featuring a powerful new audio system, Hero 4 Black captures clean, high-fidelity sound. Its cutting-edge microphone delivers nearly 2x the dynamic range, while a best-in-class audio algorithm ensures your recordings sound smoother and more natural than ever.1 Plus, with its new, integrated ADC (analog-to-digital converter), Hero 4 Black is compatible with a wider variety of professional low-sensitivity external mics3 for immersive stereo audio capture and enhanced performance, whether recording voices, an acoustic jam session or a live show.
- Hero 4 Black features a new dedicated button that allows you to quickly access and adjust camera settings. Simplified menus make navigating settings more intuitive than ever.